Selling Your Book at Book No Further
Book No Further is committed to promoting local authors and books about Western Virginia. Self-published books or books not available from our distributors or publishers are screened and accepted for consignment on a case-by-case basis. Please review the details, complete and submit the application and provide a copy for review.
- Books must meet binding/printing standards: book title & author name on spine, quality binding (no spiral bound), must have been proofed, and have an ISBN
- All books will be read, in part or full, by staff member or designee before approval. Decisions are made on a book-by-book basis and are final.
- We do not accept books to read for the program without an application
- Books accepted into our inventory will remain on the shelves for 60 days, in the section we think likely to bring the most sales.
- Author will provide five (5) books, initially, to the bookseller for consignment sale. For each book that sells, Book No Further will retain 40 percent of sale price; author will receive 60 percent, according to industry standard.
- Book No Further will send the author a check by the 15th of each month for sales made in the previous month.
- Bookseller may contact the author to restock during the consignment period.
- When the consignment period is over, it is at the discretion of Book No Further to renew the agreement on a month-to-month basis. If the agreement is not renewed, the Book No Further will return the remaining books
- Bookseller is not responsible for damaged or stolen goods and author will absorb the losses.