Selling Your Book at Book No Further
Book No Further is committed to promoting local authors and books about Western Virginia. Independently or self-published books and books not available from our distributors are screened and accepted for consignment on a case-by-case basis.
- Books must meet the following standards:
- ISBN number
- quality binding (no spiral bound)
- book title & author name on spine
- must have been professionally edited, designed, proofed, printed and bound.
- All books will be read, in part or full, by staff member or designee before approval. Decisions are made on a book-by-book basis and are final.
- Books submitted without completed and signed application will not be read or otherwise considered for consignment. Applications submitted without a book will not be considered until the book is received.
- Books accepted into our inventory
- Will be on BNF shelves for 60 days
- The book will be shelved and/or displayed solely at the discretion of Book No Further with no guarantee of placement or display.
- Inclusion for website sales is at the discretion of the store and requires the book’s ISBN is included in the Ingram database.
- Book No Further reserves the right to limit the number of titles or exclude for consignment any book for any reason.
- If book is accepted author will provide two (2) books to Book No Further for consignment sale.
- Author must include Book No Further in all promotions that include or mention the book’s availability for purchase.
- Books not accepted for consignment must be picked up within 10 days of author notification; otherwise the books become the property of BNF and will disposed of at the store’s discretion.
- For each book that sells, Book No Further will retain 40 percent of sale price; author will receive 60 percent, according to industry standard.
- Book No Further will remit the author share of any sales by check on the 15thof each month for sales made in the previous month.
- It is the authors responsibility to ensure Book No Further has sufficient stock at any time.
- When the consignment period is over, it is at the discretion of Book No Further to renew the agreement on a month-to-month basis. If the agreement is not renewed, any remaining books must be picked up within ten (10) days of author notification. Those not picked up will become the property of BNF and disposed of at the store’s discretion.
- Book No Further is not responsible for damaged, missing or stolen goods and the author/agent will absorb the losses.
Agents/authors: To submit a book for store-sales consideration, complete the Consignment-Sales Application & Agreement [Word | PDF | Online] and the Book Data Sheet [Word | PDF | Online] and submit with a copy of the book to: