Holding Signings or Book-Related Events at Book No Further
Book No Further is committed to offering the community high-quality literary experiences, including author presentations, readings and book signings, especially local authors and books about Western Virginia. To be considered for an event, read the following policies carefully, complete and sign the form and submit to the story with a copy of your book and a completed book data sheet.
Because of the considerable time required to promote, prepare for and staff events Book No Further charges a non-refundable fee for most events. A two-hour event (signing, talk, Q&A, etc.) is based on publisher type:
$50 University Press
$50 Small/Independent Press
$75 Self-Published (includes hybrid)
No fee: Major National (Imprints and partners of Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Macmillan Publishers, Penguin Random House or Simon and Schuster. Big 5 Imprint List)
(The fee may be waived at the discretion of Book No Further. Invitation-only events presented by Book No Further for local authors do not require fee payment.)
The fee covers:
- Consultation with store staff with the author/agent/publicist to discuss event details and confirm date, ideally four (4) to six (6) weeks in advance
- Provide event space at on our store at 112 Market St SE Roanoke 24011 or other space as agreed upon. Exact location in the store is at the discretion of Book No Further
- Seating as appropriate (up to 50) a podium, microphone, speakers, laptop, projector and signing table
- Staff to setup, manage and breakdown after the event.
Book No Further agrees to promote the event as follows:
- List the event on the calendar BNF website and elsewhere as appropriate. (e.g. Roanoke Times, Downtown Roanoke, Inc. etc.)
- Create and promote a Facebook event.
- Create and print an event poster to be displayed in the store and/or 16 West Marketplace Common Area.
- Feature the event in Shelf-Awareness newsletter.
- Announce the event to BNF customers via email.
- Promote through social media (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, etc.) as appropriate.
The author agrees to:
- Accept the terms and conditions in this document and the BNF Consignment Sale Agreement.
- Provide the agreed upon quantity of books for consignment sale by BNF unless other arrangements are made in advance with BNF
- Conduct all book and other sales at the event through the store.
- Aggressively promote the book and event to the author’s personal and professional network and following through, but not limited to, social media, website, local media, etc.
While Book No Further makes every effort to ensure all store events are successful, we do not guarantee any level of audience attendance or sales and reserve the right to cancel the event at any time for any reason.
To request a specific date, complete the Event Application & Agreement [Word | PDF | Online] below and submit, along with a completed Consignment Application & Agreement [Word | PDF | Online] and Book Data Sheet [Word | PDF | Online]to Book No Further, 16 Church Ave SW, Roanoke 24011 or firstname.lastname@example.org