People Pleasing: A Self-help Book on How to Care Less About What Will People Say (Steps to Break Free From People Pleasing) (Paperback)
(This item cannot be returned.)
Many people spend years putting aside their own wants and needs in order to please the people in their life and avoid conflict. Although there will always be situations where diplomacy is important, you cannot define your life through other people.
There's a fine line between being considerate of others, and compromising your individuality, and you can slip into living as a people-pleaser without even realizing it.
Here's what you'll find inside the art of everyday assertiveness:
- Psychological explanations of assertiveness; most people have no idea
- Why do you struggle with assertiveness?
- Conflict resolution styles; become confident in any situation.
- Discover what type of non-assertive you are
- How to naturally become assertive at work, in social settings, in love, and in family situations.
The book is a guide that aims at improving your general wellbeing by guiding you on effective steps and strategies to take as a way of dealing with people pleasing. The focus is on making you understand that you are important and that as much as you need to be good to others it never means ignoring your own needs. People pleasing is an act where one tends to agree to all that people say or ask for or going to extreme heights so that they can please others.