The Science of Reading in Action: Brain-Friendly Strategies Every Teacher Needs to Know (Paperback)
(This item cannot be returned.)
This is not just a book, it's a teaching movement.
We all want to help students learn to read, but what happens when 67% of children don't get that chance? 2022 National Report Card data shows that is the reality in the United States right now. But it does not have to be this way
The three most common barriers to successful reading instruction are lack of research-based training, actionable tools, and support. The Science of Reading in Action gives you all three.
- Build a rock-solid understanding of what the research does (and does not ) tell us about how students learn to read. SPOILER ALERT: Instagram does not always get it right.
- Discover struggling readers' biggest roadblocks and learn how to quickly overcome them.
- Download dozens of print-and-play activities, sanity-saving cheat sheets, and classroom-tested teaching strategies that make it easy to implement brain-friendly reading instruction.
- Learn a surprisingly simple strategy that helps students memorize words 10X faster than flashcards.
- And turn worries that students are slipping through the cracks into unshakable confidence that every student is thriving.
Malia Hollowell is a National Board Certified Teacher and Stanford University graduate who coaches half a million teachers around the world to implement the science of reading in their classrooms.
You want teaching reading to be easy for you AND your students.
The Science of Reading in Action is the state-of-the-art book on brain-friendly reading instruction in twenty-first century classrooms. Discover how to easily put the science of reading into action in your classroom so that you can see its phenomenal impact on student learning for yourself.