Every Dog: A Book of Over 450 Breeds (Paperback)
Every Dog: A Book of Over 450 Breeds packs in a lot of information. Illustrations, text, charts, tables and icons make it an ideal reference for all dog lovers, who will enjoy flipping through the pages.
The over 450 breeds are thoroughly researched and represent canines from around the world. They range from rare breeds for the dog lover that wants something different, to the favorite breeds that make for a reliable choice. There are ancient breeds and modern breeds, including the designer dogs that have become so popular in recent years.
The over 450 breeds are organized into various categories, such as type (which share loosely common ancestry and traits), purpose, and more. For example, Spitz-Type Dogs typically have thick and dense fur, pointed ears and muzzles, and puffy tails that curl up and over their rears. They descend from ancient breeds that came from Arctic regions. Spitz dogs include the Akita, Canaan, American Eskimo, and the Pomeranian.
Each breed is described on one page and includes these details:
- English and any alternative names, place of origin and year of first known introduction
- Icons and keys indicating all available coat colors; exercise requirements; graph indicating average weight, height and life expectancies
- At a Glance chart rating Intelligence; Ease of training; Affection; Playfulness; Good guard dogs; Good with children; Good with other dogs; and Grooming required.
- Descriptive text and a brief history of the breed
- Two color photographs, one adult and one puppy.
Every Dog: A Book of Over 450 Breeds is a fabulous reference. In addition to the hundreds of breeds of all type, origin and purpose, the book includes the many designer breeds developed over the last couple of decades, making it undoubtedly the most up to date and detailed breed book currently available.
About the Author
Nancy Hajeski is an editor and New York Times bestselling author of nonfiction, romantic fiction and graphic novel adaptations. Her many books include Ali: The Official Portrait of the Greatest of All Time and a series of graphic novel adaptations of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. She lives in the Catskill Mountains in New York.