The Complete Guide to Rottweilers: Training, Health Care, Feeding, Socializing, and Caring for your new Rottweiler Puppy (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
(This item cannot be returned.)
(This item cannot be returned.)
A revolutionary new look into everything "Rottie"; a MUST-READ that includes practical tips, tricks, and insights to help a new (or seasoned) Rottweiler owner. Using interviews with 12 top Rottweiler breeders, author Vanessa Richie has created an in-depth look at what it REALLY takes to successfully live with, raise, and train a Rottweiler. Covering all the Rottie-specific topics you NEED TO KNOW, such as:
- The unique characteristics and quirks of the Rottweiler breed
- Early training (including housebreaking) strategies for Rottweilers
- Choosing the proper supplies and food for a Rottie puppy
- Helpful strategies for socializing a Rottweiler with other dogs
- Health care advice for each stage of your Rottweilers life
- Grooming tips that a Rottie owner needs to know
If you are considering bringing a Rottweiler into your home (or already have ) then you need to read this book as soon as possible With their broad shoulders and muscular frames, the Rottweiler is a large breed of dog that has undeservedly earned a reputation for being scary, intimidating, and aggressive. However, they can actually be incredibly goofy and friendly, acting more like clowns than protectors. There is no doubt that they can make great guard dogs, but proper training and socialization also can make them a perfect family dog who will get along with everyone they meet. The Rottweiler history goes back thousands of years, evolving from Mastiffs who worked with the Romans. They have been working alongside people for their known history, working as fighters, herders, and protectors. Today, the breed is utilized in work with military personnel, police, and security experts. At first glance, a well trained Rottie can be an intimidating sight, due to their size, muscle mass, and serious expression. This guide will walk you through the in's and out's of owning this phenomenal breed. Whether you're someone playing with the idea of getting a Rottie, or have already embarked on your journey with your pup, this guide will offer an insight into how to create a happy and fulfilling life for you and your Rottweiler. This book will answer all your questions such as:
- Is a Rottweiler the right dog for me?
- I brought my Rottie home. What now?
- How can I successfully train my Rottweiler?
- What are some common mistakes should I avoid?
Chapter topics covered in the book include:
- Rottweiler Breed History and Characteristics
- Loyal, Loving Guardians -Determining If the Rottweiler Is the Right Breed for You
- Finding Your Rottweiler
- Preparing for Your Rottweiler Puppy
- Bringing Home Your Rottweiler
- The First Month
- Socialization and Experience
- Living with other dogs
- Training You Rottweiler Puppy
- Basic Commands
- Exercising - Great Exercise Partners
- Grooming - Productive Bonding
- Health Issues
- Rottweiler Health Concerns
- Your Aging Rottweiler
What their reputation often overlooks is just how much personality Rottweilers have. They can be great guardians, but the vast majority of the time, they are goofy pups that consider themselves lap dogs. It's not unusual for a full-sized Rottie to try to flop down on top of your lap while you sit on the couch, or to dance at your feet begging for you to run around outside with them. They love to play and are very trainable, simply because that training means spending more time with you. This wonderful, loving, and affectionate breed can be the perfect addition to the right home. Is a Rottweiler the breed for you? Find out inside "The Complete Guide to Rottweilers".