The Complete Guide to Rhodesian Ridgebacks: Breed Behavioral Characteristics, History, Training, Nutrition, and Health Care for Your new Ridgeback Dog (Paperback)
(This item cannot be returned.)
A revolutionary new look into everything "Ridgeback"; a MUST-READ that includes practical tips, tricks, and insights to help a new (or seasoned) Rhodesian Ridgeback owner.Using interviews with several top Rhodesian Ridgeback breeders, author (and former Vet Tech) Tarah Schwartz has created an in-depth look at what it REALLY takes to successfully live with, raise, and train a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Covering all the Ridgeback-specific topics you NEED TO KNOW, such as:
- The unique characteristics and quirks of the Rhodesian Ridgeback breed
- Early training (including housebreaking) strategies for Rhodesian Ridgebacks
- Choosing the proper supplies and food for a Ridgeback puppy
- Helpful strategies for socializing a Rhodesian Ridgeback with other dogs
- Health care advice for each stage of your Rhodesian Ridgebacks life
- Grooming tips that a Ridgeback owner needs to know
Whether you've just brought home your first Rhodesian Ridgeback or are an experienced owner, this guidebook will help you learn the necessary skills to be the best pet parent possible. If you're still considering adopting a Rhodesian Ridgeback, you'll learn enough about the breed to make an informed decision on whether it's the right breed for your lifestyle.
If you are considering bringing a Rhodesian Ridgeback into your home (or already have ) then you need to read this book as soon as possible
The Complete Guide to Rhodesian Ridgebacks will provide you with everything you need to know from choosing your puppy and preparing your home, to socializing, training, grooming, and feeding your new Ridgeback puppy.
Chapter Topics Include:
- Rhodesian Ridgeback History
- Choosing a Rhodesian Ridgeback
- Preparing Your Home for Your New Rhodesian Ridgeback
- The First Few Weeks with your new Puppy
- Being a Puppy Parent
- Socializing with People and Animals
- Rhodesian Ridgebacks and Your Other Pets
- Physical and Mental Exercise
- Training Your Rhodesian Ridgeback
- Basic Commands
- Correcting Unwanted Behaviors
- Traveling with Rhodesian Ridgebacks
- Grooming Your Rhodesian Ridgeback
- Basic Health Care
- Advanced Rhodesian Ridgeback Health and Aging Dog Care
When bringing home a new member of the family, you want to be as prepared as possible and this guidebook will teach you how to puppy-proof your home and ease your puppy's transition into his or her new home. You'll learn about what it takes to house train your new Rhodesian Ridgeback, how to teach a few basic commands, and how to correct bad behavior at the first sign. If you want your new dog to grow up to be a respectful member of the family, you'll want to socialize and exercise her properly. You'll learn about various training methods to help you teach your new dog basic manners and interesting tricks.
Rhodesian Ridgebacks are considered to be quite healthy, but they can be affected by a few common genetic conditions. This book will guide you through the basic nutrition and vet care necessary for your dog to stay healthy. Proper grooming and coat care are also important aspects in raising a happy, healthy dog. You'll learn about what you can do to help prevent your dog from becoming sick or injured.
No matter how much experience you have with the breed, this book will become an invaluable resource throughout your Rhodesian Ridgeback's life. You'll find yourself referring back to the book time and time again from puppyhood through your dog's golden years.