The Complete Guide to Australian Shepherds: Learn Everything You Need to Know About Raising, Training, and Successfully Living with Your New Aussie (Paperback)
(This item cannot be returned.)
A revolutionary new look into everything "Aussie"; a MUST-READ that includes practical tips, tricks, and insights to help a new (or seasoned) Australian Shepherd owner.Using interviews with 16 top Australian Shepherd breeders, author and respected Aussie breeder Kirsten Tardiff of Echolight Australian Shepherds has created an in-depth look at what it REALLY takes to successfully live with, raise, and train an Australian Shepherd. Covering all the Aussie-specific topics you NEED TO KNOW, such as:
- The unique characteristics and quirks of the Australian Shepherd breed
- Early training (including housebreaking) strategies for Australian Shepherds
- Choosing the proper supplies and food for an Aussie puppy
- Helpful strategies for socializing an Australian Shepherd with other dogs
- Health care advice for each stage of your Australian Shepherds life
- Grooming tips that an Aussie owner needs to know
If you are considering bringing an Australian Shepherd into your home (or already have ) then you need to read this book as soon as possible
The Australian Shepherd is an intelligent, energetic, enthusiastic breed that was developed in the American west to herd livestock for farmers and ranchers. Today, while some still work on farms as their ancestors once did, others are a force to be reckoned with in competitive dog sports and are valued as loyal family companions.
Affectionately called "Aussies" by their devotees, this breed can seem over the top to some potential owners, but those that lead an active lifestyle and enjoy training their dog will find an apt companion and willing pupil in an Aussie. Their intelligence and willingness to please their owner is unmatched. This breed is typically reserved with strangers and makes a good watchdog.
In this book, you will discover the history and unique characteristics of the Australian Shepherd, as well as how to choose a reputable breeder or rescue and where to find them. Use this guide to prepare your home for a new addition, navigate through your first day together, and train them to be a wonderful companion. Explore chapters on nutrition, grooming, healthcare, and more to give your Aussie the very best quality of life.
Chapter topics include:
- Choosing an Australian Shepherd
- Preparing Your Home for Your Australian Shepherd
- Bringing Home Your Australian Shepherd
- Socializing with People and Animals
- Physical and Mental Exercise
- Training Your Australian Shepherd
- Basic Obedience Commands
- Dealing with Unwanted Behaviors
- Traveling with Your Australian Shepherd
- Grooming Your Australian Shepherd
- Australian Shepherd Healthcare
- Senior Dog Care
Whether you are new to the breed or are fortunate enough to have been loved by an Australian Shepherd before, this book will be your guide to everything Aussie.