Stand Up For Yourself, Set Boundaries, & Stop Pleasing Others (if that's okay with you?) (Paperback)
You don't have to be "nice" to everyone if it means being mean to yourself. Learn to prioritize yourself and finally do only what you want to do.
The need to please is powerful, but it causes anxiety, stress, and resentment. Time to change your patterns.
Stand Up For Yourself is direct and no-nonsense. That's because the way you prioritize others and let them stomp all over your boundaries isn't working, so you need a change. This book teaches you how to reverse these mini-decisions, and internalize the belief that you are worth it, you are valuable, and you deserve it. Because you are, and you do.
Understand the psychology of people pleasing and how to stop it with actionable techniques.
Patrick King is an internationally bestselling author and social skills coach. His writing draws of a variety of sources, from scientific research, academic experience, coaching, and real life experience.
Reprogram your beliefs and learn how to set boundaries that others can't ignore.
- Understand the psychology of letting others walk all over you, and why it makes perfect logical sense
- How to break the fear of being yourself by being more generous and accepting
- Knowing your self-narratives and changing them with swift action
- The real psychology behind conflict and why it can appear so scary
- A multitude of actionable and realistic ways to say NO to anyone
- How to chart the progress of your journey to loving yourself more fully
- Ditch being a doormat and become assertive
Find your voice, stand up for yourself, and put yourself first. It's your life, so live it for yourself