Nonfiction Reading Practice, Grade 5 Teacher Resource (Paperback)
Your fifth-grade students can learn about the same topic while reading at their own level
Nonfiction Reading Practice guides students in reading and understanding nonfiction texts with articles that span the curriculum, helping to boost students' knowledge and comprehension across subject areas.
The leveled reading selections on the same topic and the supporting activities help you accommodate students' varied reading abilities within one class.
Every unit includes:
- 3 levels of nonfiction reading selections on the same topic
- Text-based comprehension questions (multiple choice and open-ended)
- Words to Know lists with vocabulary for each reading selection
- Visual literacy page to enrich learning and support focused discussions
- Text-based writing prompt and a writing form
- Graphic organizers
The 17 units of nonfiction reading selections cover these 5th grade topics:
- Social Studies: The Iroquois Nations; Women in the American Revolution; Art Reflects History; Ways to Earn a Living
- Science: Earth's Water; Matter and Mass; Relationships in Nature; The Sun and Stars
- Mathematics: Extraordinary Food, Ordinary Math; A Business Uses Math; Video Game Development
- Technology: The Field of Prosthetics; Engineers Do Important Work; Inventions Impact Our Lives
- The Arts: Augusta Savage; Art or Garbage?; Ice Hotels
Nonfiction Reading Practice is sure to be your favorite supplemental reading resource for facilitating reading groups and creating an inclusive reading environment
Plus, with the help of the writing form, you'll have writing samples for every student to display in your classroom.
This resource can be used to support English language learners, Tier 2, and Tier 3 (content vocabulary).
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key. This is a reproducible resource (photocopying of lessons is permitted) for single classroom or individual home use only.
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.