Skill Sharpeners: Reading, Grade 3 Workbook (Paperback)
Help children improve their reading skills with this engaging full-color workbook
Skill Sharpeners Reading, Grade 3 includes 17 motivating fiction and nonfiction stories followed by activity pages that practice a variety of reading skills.
Fiction stories include:
- "Shea and the Leprechaun"
- "A Mouse Adventure"
- "The Story of Little Sparrow"
Nonfiction stories include:
- "Inuit, People of the Far North"
- "Harriet Tubman"
Activity pages include the following:
- comprehension questions
- a vocabulary exercise
- a sequencing activity for every story
Other skills addressed include:
- main idea
- parts of speech
- synonyms & antonyms
- alphabetical order
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide The Skill Sharpeners: Reading Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching reading skills and vocabulary
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for analyzing texts
- Extension activities that include graphic organizers, reading journals, and hands-on activities to help children connect their learning
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.