Skill Sharpeners: Reading, Grade Prek Workbook (Paperback)
Skill Sharpeners Reading, PreK contains 21 full-color units, each of which introduces a consonant letter.
Each unit contains a cut-and-paste activity that introduces a consonant sound and three activity pages that reinforce reading readiness skills. There is one "Test Your Skills" assessment page for every four consonants introduced.
Reading readiness skills practiced include the following:
- Phonemic awareness
- Visual discrimination
Children also develop their fine motor skills by completing the fun activities.
- Listen for the Sound
- Trace and Match
- Same or Different?
- Cut and Paste
- What Will Happen Next?
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide The Skill Sharpeners: Reading Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching language
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions with writing graphic organizers and language journals
- Extension activities that include fun language games and writing activities
- Visual aids that include printable word lists and study cards for difficult spelling patterns
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.