Stanley the Builder (Stanley Picture Books #1) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Stanley Picture Books series.
- #2: Stanley's Garage (Stanley Picture Books #2) (Hardcover): $14.95
- #3: Stanley the Farmer (Stanley Picture Books #3) (Hardcover): $14.95
- #4: Stanley's Diner (Stanley Picture Books #4) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #5: Stanley the Mailman (Stanley Picture Books #5) (Hardcover): $14.95
- #6: Stanley's Store (Stanley Picture Books #6) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #7: Stanley's School (Stanley Picture Books #7) (Paperback): $7.99
- #8: Stanley's Train (Stanley Picture Books #8) (Paperback): $7.99
- #9: Stanley's Fire Engine (Stanley Picture Books #9) (Paperback): $7.99
- #10: Stanley el constructor (Stanley Picture Books #10) (Paperback): $9.80
- #11: Stanley y su escuela (Stanley Picture Books #11) (Paperback): $9.80
- #12: Stanley's Library (Stanley Picture Books #12) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #13: Stanley y su camión de bomberos (Stanley Picture Books #13) (Paperback): $8.99
- #14: Stanley y su tren (Stanley Picture Books #14) (Paperback): $9.80
It's another busy day for Stanley and friends on the construction site!
When Myrtle buys a plot of land, she asks her friend Stanley to build her a new house. He works step by step—from clearing the site with his orange bulldozer, to lifting beams with his green crane. Thankfully Stanley's buddy, Charlie, helps out, too!
Simple steps, accessible text, and brightly colored illustrations helpfully convey the construction process for toddlers who love equipment, tools, and vehicles. After a hard day at work, Stanley winds down his day with a familiar supper and bath routine that makes this series a great pick for bedtime reading!
William Bee's beloved Stanley series is a trusted model for basic preschool concepts like colors and shapes, kindness and teamwork, jobs and daily routines. Toddlers will love hanging out with this adorable cast of friendly neighborhood critters in any of the available series titles. Help your little one collect them all!
About the Author
William Bee is an artist and commercial designer who has worked for renowned fashion houses, including Issay Miyake and Paul Smith. As well as writing children's picture books and board books, he races a vintage sports car, is an international skier, and when at home tends his lawns and meadow. He lives in England.
"Set against a white backdrop, Bee's flat, clean digital cartoons, framed by thick black outlines, make a bold, graphic impact, and the square trim size and padded cover give the package a satisfyingly chunky feel." —Publishers Weekly
"Stanley and his fellow rodents are adorable . . . [L]ittle listeners are sure to come back to Stanley over and over, as he explores jobs and uses equipment sure to pique their interest." —Kirkus Reviews
"These simple books are great choices for younger kids to start looking at jobs, identifying colors, and hanging out with Stanley and his mice friends." —School Library Journal
"The spare, easy-to-parse digital illustrations (rounded angles and dots for eyes) feature lots of white space, thick black outlines, and judicious use of bright colors." —The Horn Book Guide