HSPT Strategies and Practice, Second Edition: 3 Practice Tests + Comprehensive Review + Practice + Strategies (Barron's Test Prep) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Be prepared for exam day with Barron’s. Trusted content from HSPT experts!
Barron’s HSPT Strategies and Practice, Second Edition includes in-depth content review and practice. It’s the only book you’ll need to be prepared for the High School Placement Test.
Written by Experienced Educators
- Learn from Barron’s--all content is written and reviewed by HSPT experts
- Build your understanding with comprehensive review tailored to the most recent exam
- Get a leg up with tips, strategies, and study advice for exam day--it’s like having a trusted tutor by your side
Be Confident on Exam Day
- Sharpen your test-taking skills with 3 full-length practice tests--each of which features all five subtests that make up the HSPT (Verbal Skills, Quantitative Skills, Reading, Mathematics, and Language)
- Deepen your understanding by reviewing each test’s detailed answer explanations with expert advice and use the scoring rubrics to check your learning progress
- Strengthen your knowledge with in-depth review covering all topics on the HSPT exam along with key strategies for success on each subtest
- Reinforce your learning with hundreds of practice questions covering all tested topics, accompanied by detailed answers and explanations
- Gain confidence with individual exam subtests in each chapter, clear examples and solutions, a Vocabulary chapter that helps enhance Verbal and Reading skills, and much more
About the Author
About the Author
Sandra Smith Martin is a mathematics teacher at St. John's Preparatory School in Danvers, MA and an Adjunct Professor of Mathematics at Bentley University in Waltham, MA. For twenty years, she has developed curriculum for faculty and has worked with students to raise test scores and gain admission to high schools and colleges. Sandra owns and operates the Smith Center for Learning in Georgetown, MA. Sandra has a B.A. from Regis College, an M.B.A. from Salem State University, and an M.S.Ed. in Mathematics from Kaplan University.
About the Publisher
In the 1930s, Manuel H. Barron opened a bookstore in Brooklyn, New York.
People from the community asked Mr. Barron about books that might be available to help their children study for the New York State Regents exams. After realizing there wasn't anything available, Mr. Barron created his own study guides.
80 years later, Barron's has helped millions of people prepare for their next step