The Chinchilla Handbook (B.E.S. Pet Handbooks) (Paperback)
Email or call for price
Native to South America, chinchillas are small mammals known for their luxurious, soft fur and boisterous, playful personalities. They are quiet creatures and very low maintenance pets. However, there's a lot you need to know to keep this long-lived rodent happy and healthy.
This updated edition of the Chinchilla Handbook provides a wealth of information on:
- History, including ancestral origins and human interactions
- Guidance on choosing the right chinchilla for you and your family
- Creating a safe and natural housing environment
- Dietary needs, including good and bad vegetables, amounts, and the importance of hay
- Understanding behavior and social cues
- Keeping your chinchilla healthy – potential concerns and common preventions
- Planning for and raising kits when births are expected
The Chinchilla Handbook and other books in The Pet Handbook series have a large page count and are written, designed, and illustrated with more extensive and detailed coverage of each title's subject pet.