Outdoor School: Rock, Fossil, and Shell Hunting: The Definitive Interactive Nature Guide (Paperback)
Rewild your life! With metal corners and 448 full-color, highly illustrated pages, OUTDOOR SCHOOL: ROCK, FOSSIL, AND SHELL HUNTING is an indispensable tool for young explorers and rock collectors.
Make every day an adventure with the included:
- Immersive activities to get you exploring
- Write-in sections to journal about experiences
- Next-level adventures to challenge even seasoned nature lovers
No experience is required—only curiosity and courage. This interactive field guide to rocks, fossils & shells includes:
- Digging, chiseling, hammering, and wading for rocks and minerals
- Identifying rocks & minerals by location, texture, color, shape, and size
- Determining between rocks, geodes, and space rocks
- Finding fossils and setting up a dig site
- Searching and snorkeling for shells
- Storing and displaying your collection
And so much more!
About the Author
Jennifer Swanson is the award-winning author of over 35 children's books, including Brain Games, Super Gear, Astronaut-Aquanaut, and Save the Crash-test Dummies. A self-professed science geek, she started a science club in her garage when she was 7 years old. When not researching cool STEM stuff or writing about it, you can find her walking along the beach with her husband and her dogs, looking for shells.
John D. Dawson has created art spanning over four decades, from early years in advertising art to freelance work for the US Postal Service, National Park Service, United Nations, National Wildlife Federation, National Geographic Society, the Audubon Society, and the Golden Guide books. He and his wife Kathleen have lived on the Big Island of Hawaii since 1989.