Advanced Issues in Property Valuation (Paperback)
Discover an insightful new text covering advanced problems in real property valuation
In Advanced Issues in Property Valuation, real estate valuation experts and authors Hans Lind and Bo Nordlund provide a deep understanding of the concepts, theories, methods and controversies in property valuation. The book introduces readers to controversies and discussions in real estate valuation, including the relevance of market value for valuation for lending purposes, how uncertainty in property valuations should be interpreted, and the relationship between market value and fair value in financial reporting.
Readers will also benefit from the inclusion of:
- A thorough introduction to the concepts, theories, methods and problems in real estate property valuation
- An exploration of the relevance of market value for valuation for lending purposes
- A practical discussion of how uncertainty in property valuations should be interpreted
- A concise treatment of the relationship between market value and fair value in financial reporting
- An examination of how concerns about sustainability and other structural changes can affect property valuation
Perfect for graduate level students in courses involving valuation or real estate, Advanced Issues in Property Valuation is also an excellent resource for real estate practitioners who wish to update and deepen their knowledge about property valuation.
About the Author
Hans Lind is professor of real estate economics, retired from the Royal Institute of Technology, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden. He currently works as a consultant, lecturer, and writer on housing and real estate issues.Bo Nordlund, PhD, is Founder and Owner of BREC-Bo Nordlund Real Estate Consulting AB, a firm that provides valuation and accounting services for real estate organizations. He is also Senior Lecturer at Karlstads University, Karlstad, Sweden.