When It's Never About You: The People-Pleaser's Guide to Reclaiming Your Health, Happiness and Personal Freedom (Paperback)
(This item cannot be returned.)
Is being a people-pleaser (a.k.a., conflict avoider, pushover, approval-seeker, doormat, etc.) ruining your life? Do you sometimes feel as if you exist only to satisfy others wants and needs, but never your own? Is your physical, mental, and emotional health suffering as a result?
Everyone loves a people-pleaser. They're always willing to help, to stay late, to fill in, to go along. But if you're one of them, you often end up feeling violated, ignored, disrespected, and disconnected from life and others. Silently enduring the ongoing and relentless invalidation of who you are and what you want will reliably wreak havoc on your health and the health of your relationships.
So, are you ready to put less "Yes" and more "You" in your life?
In When It's Never About You, psychotherapist Ilene S. Cohen uses real-world examples and activities to help you take a systemic look at people-pleasing. You'll learn...
- How to reclaim a strong and balanced sense of self while still being a "good person."
- How to break the harmful behavior patterns that keep you from being heard, listened to and respected.
- Specific strategies for transforming yourself from selfless to "self-full."
- How to go from feeling vanished to being clearly differentiated.
- How to get what you want and need while actually earning even more respect from others.
Tired of disappearing from life? Ready for the pleasing prescription? When It's Never About You will give you the tools and confidence to put yourself first, while bringing the best YOU to those who depend on you
About the Author
"Dr. Ilene"S. Cohen, Ph.D., is a psychotherapist and blogger, who teaches in the Department of Counseling at Barry University. She is a regular contributor to "PsychologyToday".