Shalador's Lady (Black Jewels #7) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Black Jewels series.
- #1: Daughter of the Blood (Black Jewels #1) (Mass Market): $9.80
- #2: Heir to the Shadows (Black Jewels #2) (Mass Market): $9.80
- #3: Queen of the Darkness (Black Jewels #3) (Mass Market): $9.80
- #4: The Invisible Ring (Black Jewels #4) (Mass Market): $9.80
- #5: Dreams Made Flesh (Black Jewels #5) (Mass Market): $9.80
- #6: The Shadow Queen (Black Jewels #6) (Mass Market): $8.71
- #9: Twilight's Dawn (Black Jewels #9) (Mass Market): $9.80
- #10: The Queen's Bargain (Black Jewels #10) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #11: The Queen's Weapons (Black Jewels #11) (Hardcover): $28.00
Return to New York Times bestselling author Anne Bishop’s world of the Black Jewels—where a Queen has emerged from the shadows to bring hope to an impoverished people…
For years the Shalador people suffered the cruelties of the corrupt Queens who ruled them, punishing those who dared show defiance, and forcing many more into hiding. And even though the refugees have found sanctuary in Dena Nehele, they have never been able to call it home.
Now that Dena Nehele has been cleansed of tainted Blood, the Rose-Jeweled Queen, Lady Cassidy, knows that restoring the land will require all her heart and courage as she summons the untested power within her, a power capable of consuming her if she cannot control it.
And even if Lady Cassidy survives her trial by fire, other dangers await. For the Black Widows see visions within their tangled webs that something is coming that will change the land—and Lady Cassidy—forever...
About the Author
New York Times bestselling author Anne Bishop is a winner of the William L. Crawford Memorial Fantasy Award, presented by the International Association for the Fantastic in the Arts, for The Black Jewels Trilogy. She is also the author of the Ephemera series, the Tir Alainn trilogy, and the Novels of the Others—including Etched in Bone, Marked in Flesh, Vision in Silver, Murder of Crows, and Written in Red. She lives in upstate New York.
Praise for Shalador’s Lady
“Fans of the long running Black Jewels saga will relish this terrific entry.”—Genre Go Round Reviews
“A lavishly detailed, exotic background...brings to mind the sensual fiction of Tanith Lee and Storm Constantine and should appeal to fans of dynastic fantasy.”—Library Journal
“The Black Jewels novels are seductive—once you start, you just cannot stop reading...Shalador’s Lady takes you on an emotional journey...You must read this fantasy novel.”—Romance Reviews Today
“Shares many of the same themes of trauma, survival, and the importance of doing what is right [with The Shadow Queen]. Bishop handles these difficult subjects with a good deal of grace and sensitivity and, as always, with compelling characterization.”—RT Book Reviews