The Foxfire 45th Anniversary Book: Singin', Praisin', Raisin' (Foxfire Series) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
- #1: The Foxfire Book: Hog Dressing, Log Cabin Building, Mountain Crafts and Foods, Planting by the Signs, Snake Lore, Hunting Tales, Faith Healing, Moonshining (Foxfire Series #1) (Paperback): $21.95
- #2: Foxfire 2: Ghost Stores, Spring Wild Plant Foods, Spinning and Weaving, Midwifing, Burial Customs, Corn Shuckin's, Wagon Making (Foxfire Series #2) (Paperback): $21.00
- #3: Foxfire 3: Animal Care, Banjos and Dulimers, Hide Tanning, Summer and Fall Wild Plant Foods, Butter Churns, Ginseng (Foxfire Series #3) (Paperback): $21.95
- #4: Foxfire 4: Fiddle Making, Spring Houses, Horse Trading, Sassafras Tea, Berry Buckets, Gardening (Foxfire Series #4) (Paperback): $21.95
- #5: Foxfire 5: Ironmaking, Blacksmithing, Flintlock Rifles, Bear Hunting (Foxfire Series #5) (Paperback): $22.00
- #6: Foxfire 6: Shoe Making, 100 Toys and Games, Gourd Banjos and Song Bows, Wooden Locks, A Water-Powered Sawmill (Foxfire Series #6) (Paperback): $21.95
- #7: Foxfire 7: Ministers and Church Members, Revivals and Baptisms, Shaped-Note and Gospel Singing, Faith Healing and Camp Meetings, Foot Washing, Snake Handling (Foxfire Series #7) (Paperback): $21.00
- #8: Foxfire 8: Southern Folk Potter from Pug Mills, Ash Glazes, Groundhog Kilns to Face Jugs, Churns, Roosters, Mule Swapping and Chicken Fighting (Foxfire Series #8) (Paperback): $22.00
- #9: Foxfire 9: General Stores, The Jud Nelson Wagon, A Praying Rock, A Catawban Indian Potter, Haint Tales, Quilting, Homes Cures, The Log Cabin Revisited (Foxfire Series #9) (Paperback): $21.00
- #10: Foxfire 10: Railroad Lore, Boardinghouses, Depression-Era Appalachia, Chairmaking, Whirligigs, Snake Canes, Gourd Art (Foxfire Series #10) (Paperback): $22.00
- #11: Foxfire 11: The Old Home Place, Wild Plant Uses, Preserving and Cooking Food, Hunting Stories, Fishing, More Affairs of Plain Living (Foxfire Series #11) (Paperback): $22.00
- #12: Foxfire 12: Square Dancing, Crafts, Cherokee Traditions, Summer Camps, World War Veterans, Personalities (Foxfire Series #12) (Paperback): $21.95
- #13: The Foxfire 40th Anniversary Book: Faith, Family, and the Land (Foxfire Series #13) (Paperback): $21.00
For almost half a century, Foxfire has brought the philosophy of simple living to hundreds of thousands of readers, teaching creative self-sufficiency and preserving the stories, crafts, and customs of Appalachia. Inspiring and practical, this classic series has become an American institution.
The Foxfire 45th Anniversary Book continues the beloved tradition of celebrating a simpler life, this time with a focus on Appalachian music, folk legends, and a history full of outsized personalities. We hear the encouraging life stories of banjo players, gospel singers, and bluegrass musicians who reminisce about their first time playing at the Grand Ole Opry; we shiver at the spine-tingling collection of tall tales, from ghosts born of long-ago crimes to rumors of giant catfish that lurk at the bottom of lakes and quarries; we recollect the Farm Family Program that sustained and educated Appalachian families for almost fifty years, through the Depression and beyond; and we learn the time-honored skills of those who came before, from building a sled to planting azaleas and braiding a leather bull-whip. Full of spirited narrative accounts and enduring knowledge, The Foxfire 45th Anniversary Book is a piece of living history from a fascinating American culture.
About the Author
The Foxfire Fund is a non-profit organization that has preserved and fostered Appalachian culture through their bestselling series of anthologies, starting with The Foxfire Book in the early 1970s. The Foxfire Museum and Heritage Center is located in Mountain City, Georgia.